Article By Mattias Petersson
The Copenhagen concert (4th June 1995).
The Larry Norman concert in Copenhagen was a really good concert!!! On the first part Larry was alone with the guitar and the piano and on the second part he took up "the band" on stage. "The band" was only one person, a guy called Bert. Bert accompanied by playing different instruments like guitar, piano, accordion and saxophone.
Larry talked much about God and love. He said that it's a lie that we go to hell because we're bad. - We go to hell if we run away from God. -God is not troubled by my sins as much as I am. Maybe I'm mad at me, but God loves me. I might be disappointed in me, but God is happy with me. God is pleased when he looks at you - he's not angry.
After the concert Larry walked around and talked to people. He also did an interview for TV.
It was real nice evening in Copenhagen
Here is the list of all songs
2. Reader's Digest
3. God Part III
4. The Great American Novel
5. Why Should The Devil Have All The Good Music
6. Six Sixty Six
7. Watch What You're Doing
8. Diamonds / Strong Love and Strange Peace
9. If The Bombs Fall
10. The Tune
11. Woman Of God
12. Why Don't You Look Into Jesus
13. Twelve Good Men
15. My Feet Are On The Rock
17. One Way
18. Weight Of The World / Let The Rain Fall / All The Way Home / If I Were A Singer
19. Goodbye Farewell
20. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot / Hallelujah
21. Rock That Doesn't Roll
22. I Wish We'd All Been Ready
Some quotations from the concert:
Larry started the concert by saying
- I'd like to sing a song about the end of the world...
- What time is it? (looked at his watch (he had no watch but anyway))
- Oh, I've time left to sing it!
He was talking a lot during the concert.
Among other things he talked about his childhood when he was told by his father to NOT listen to rock music.
- My father told me that rock music only talkes about s...
- s... - Romance!
- ... at the time in our church it was a sin to dance but in sunday
school I learned that David danced, before the throne of God.
And in our church it was a sin to go to the movies. I thought that's why they called it cinema so you know!